The portrait of Dean Hosch was unveiled during the 1964 Law Day ceremonies, which also marked his retirement. The portrait hangs at the entrance to the J. Alton Hosch Law Library Annex. The Annex was named for the late Dean in 1982.
Near the portrait is the J. Alton Hosch Collection with additional photographs of the Dean along with books, papers, and memorabilia donated to the Law School by his widow, Nina Rusk Hosch.
J. Alton Hosch 1903-1980
Professor of Law, University of Georgia School of Law 1928-33
Dean, University of Georgia School of Law 1933-64
Dean Emeritus, University of Georgia School of Law 1964
Artist: Gari Melchers