Special Collections Librarian
Legal research, Historic preservation, Instructional technology, Digital archives and special collections
"Waging Peace and War" by Thomas J. Schoenbaum and "The Age of Comfort: When Paris Discovered Casual--and the Modern Home Began" by Joan DeJean
Choosing a Paper Topic
View the entry on education law from the Legal Information Institute for an overview and some key case and statute citations. When choosing a topic for an article or paper you should review the current actions of courts and legislatures but also look at administrative agencies, policy making bodies, advocacy groups, etc.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education is one of those publications that a lot of people in colleges and universities read. It has very thorough coverage of the issues in education, particularly legal issues. The library subscribes to the Chronicle in print and you can access it online. Read the most recent new in the box to the right.
- Education Week is a free weekly news alert service. It is a good way to be informed about new developments through the term as you work on a paper or brief.
- School Law Bulletin allows you to search by time period. The library subscribes to a print version (KF4102 .S35, Balcony) and it is available online.
- Inside Higher Ed is an online source for news, opinion and jobs within higher education.
- U.S. Law Week – the “Supreme Court Today” portion is available on Lexis and Westlaw as well as through our BNA subscription.
- CEPI Education Law Newsletter is published by the Commonwealth Educational Policy Institute. Annually, the June issue discusses important issues for the upcoming school year. There also policy briefs on some hot topics.
- Center for Education Reform has daily news headlines under “In the News” and an “Issues” section
- Almost every association has some kind of current awareness tool, some are better than others Below is a list of education related associations with their web sites. Find additional associations through the Encyclopedia of Associations which is available on Lexis.